What user permissions can I set up?
With Sprout Social you can use flexible user permissions that make sense for your team’s structure and set up. You can set permissions at a Company and Profile level to ensure the right members of your team have access to the tools and profiles they should.
This article contains the following sections:
See this related article:
You can view your personal, company and feature permissions from the Personal Settings tab in the Settings of Sprout. From here, you'll see at-a-glance your available permissions and who to contact to make adjustments.
Company Permissions comprise any administrative permissions you’d like to assign for a user. These permissions focus on tools that need higher-level management, as well as billing and overall team management.
The Company Permissions are broken down as follows:
- Administration Permissions - These permissions are great to assign to someone managing your overall Sprout account, and not individual profiles or teams. These permissions allow a user to:
- Manage tasks across teams
- Implement URL tracking
- Manage Twitter Keywords
- Manage Billing (if selected) - allows a user to view, edit and receive billing updates for your account and change the plan level.
- Manage Profiles & Permissions - These permissions are great to assign to someone that manages a social team within Sprout. These permissions allow a user to:
- View, edit, create and remove groups and social profiles for your account.
- Manage users (if selected) - allows a user to view, invite, and remove other users.
- Manage Tags - This permission is great to assign to someone who does a lot of analytical work and wants to better track your posts, campaigns and incoming messages. This permission allows a user to create, edit, delete, archive and unarchive internal tags.
Feature Permissions encompass feature-specific permissions you’d like to assign for a user. These permissions focus on access to specific tabs in Sprout. You can toggle permissions on/off at the top-level or toggle individual permissions on/off at a more granular level.
The Dashboard permission allows a user to view the Dashboard upon logging into Sprout. You can enable or disable this feature. Dashboard access is great to see what’s happening in your Sprout account at a glance.
The Smart Inbox permissions control the Smart Inbox in Sprout and is made up of the following individual permissions:
- Manage Advanced Inbox Features - allows users to manage Automated Rules, Spike Alerts, VIP Lists, Customer Feedback and any Integrations.
- Manage Brand Keywords - allows users to create, edit and delete Brand Keywords for your account.
- Manage Message Status - allows users to mark messages as Complete and hide completed items from the Smart Inbox and Reviews tabs.
- Tag Messages - allows users to apply internal tags to received messages in the Smart Inbox.
The Feeds permission allows a user to view the Feeds tab within Publishing and to configure Feeds. Feeds are a great way to pull in relevant information from the Internet to share with your audience.
The Publishing permission is made up of the ability to manage the Sprout Queue. This allows users to create, edit, delete, disable and pause the Sprout Queue.
The Listening permissions control the Listening tab in Sprout and are made up of the following individual permissions:
- Twitter Search - allows users to access Twitter Search.
- Manage Topics - allows users to create, edit and delete Listening Topics.
- View Topic Types - allows users to view all available Topic types.
The Reports permissions control the Reports tab in Sprout and are made up of the following individual permissions:
- Manage Competitor Profiles - allows users to add competitor profiles in your competitive reports.
- Enable Engagement Reports - allows users to view responsiveness metrics across social profiles.
- Enable Team Reports - allows users to view all team member metrics and activity in team reports.
- Manage Custom Reports - allows users to create, edit and delete custom reports.
The Bots permission allows a user to create and customize chatbots for your Sprout account.
The Reviews permissions control the Reviews tab in Sprout and is made up of the following individual permissions:
- Tag Messages - allows users to apply internal tags to received reviews in the Reviews tab.
- Manage Message Status - allows users to mark messages as Complete and hide completed items from the Review tab.