How do I find missing Publishing Calendar posts?
If a Publishing Calendar post is missing or you're unable to locate a post, there are a few places to check in Sprout before you reach out to Support.
There are two ways to find missing Publishing Calendar posts - either the Publishing Calendar filters or a few different tab checks.
How do I find missing posts on the Publishing Calendar?
Check your Publishing Calendar filters. Depending on the Profiles, Post Types and Tags you select, as well as the date range, posts might appear as missing. However, updating your filters can reveal posts that you might've missed before.
I'm still not seeing my post. Where else can I check?
If the Publishing Calendar filters didn't reveal a missing post, you can check the following tabs within the Publishing section of Sprout:
- Failed Posts - this tab shows any posts that failed to publish to the network. This is a great place to check for missing posts. You can click Show Details to uncover why a post failed to publish and correct the issue. Remember to use the Filter Menu at the top to hone in on a specific Profile.
- Drafts -this tab shows posts that are still in Draft, meaning they haven't gotten scheduled yet. Click to schedule the post. Remember to use the Filter Menu at the top to narrow your results to a specific type, Profile, Tag or post Author.
- Mobile Reminders - this tab shows posts that were sent to Mobile Publishers for publishing. If the Mobile Publisher missed their notification to publish, there's a good chance the post is still hanging out. Click to resend the notification to the Mobile Publisher. Remember to use the Filter Menu at the top to narrow your results to specific profiles, Status and Mobile Publisher.
- Rejected - for Professional & Advanced Plans - this tab shows posts rejected by Message Approvers. The posts here are typically not up to content or brand standards and therefore weren't published. Remember to use the Filter Menu at the top to narrow your results.
- Needs Approval - for Professional & Advanced Plans - this tab shows posts that are waiting to get approved by Message Approvers. Remember to use the Filter Menu at the top to narrow your results.
I've checked everywhere and I still can't find my post. Now what?
If you still can’t find your post, reach out to Support using this form (choose Sprout Features > Publishing) with the following information:
- Date scheduled to publish
- Date initially created in Sprout
- Profile name and network it was scheduled to publish to
- Author of post in Sprout
- The text of the post (or an excerpt of part of the text)