Inbox Views are a great way for you and your team to customize your inbox in Sprout to focus on the messages that are most relevant. With Inbox Views you can:
- Optimize your workflow by saving the filter sets you frequently use in your Smart Inbox
- Prioritize across your team by collaborating with specific team members to create and share focused inboxes
- Manage your workflow from a comprehensive single-stream view without needing to scroll across multiple columns
Note: In order to create Inbox Views, users need to have the Read Only, Can Reply or Full Publishing permission.
By adding multiple Inbox Views, you and your team can seamlessly switch gears and see a real-time count of how many new messages are in each Inbox View and jump to the ones that need attention.
Creating, Editing and Deleting Inbox Views
If you use the same filters to customize the view in your Smart Inbox, creating an Inbox View saves time and keeps your personalized inbox view readily available whenever you log into Sprout. You can create up to 50 views.
Note: You can’t share Inbox Views across groups, they’re limited to the group where you create them.
For example, let’s say you track a specific Brand Keyword in the Smart Inbox and you regularly select this filter to ensure the messages containing that keyword get your attention right away. You can save this configuration, give it a name and jump into this Inbox View whenever you need it.
To create an Inbox View:
- Click Create New from the My Inboxes list from the Messages tab.
- Select the filters you want to include in the view, including profiles, message types, brand keywords and tags for Professional+ plans.
- Click Save. The Create Your Inbox View popup appears.
- Enter a name for your view.
- Select to share the view with either Specific People or Everyone in Current Group.
- (Optional) Enter additional users you want to share the view with by clicking into the Choose Users box.
- Select if you want users of the view to receive Spike Alerts when activity for the view increases outside of usual hours.
- (Optional) Enter additional users you want to receive notifications with by clicking into the Choose Users box.
- Click Save. Your new Inbox View is created.
After you create your customized Inbox View you can:
- Sort the Inbox View by oldest to newest or newest to oldest, and filter messages using the Inbox sidebar
- Take action on messages
- Complete messages individually or bulk complete messages within the view
- Keep track of how many messages you need to address and hone in on specific time ranges
Editing Inbox Views
You can make changes to your Inbox Views at any time. Note that anyone else who the Inbox View is shared with is also affected by any edits made to the view.
To edit an Inbox View:
- Select the Inbox View you want to edit from the My Inboxes list from the Messages tab.
- Click Edit on the right bar.
- Update the profiles, message types, brand keywords and tags you want to edit for the view.
- Click Save. Your view is updated with the changes.
Deleting Inbox Views
You can delete an Inbox View at any time. Note that anyone else who the Inbox View is shared with is also affected by the removal of the view.
To delete an Inbox View:
- Select the Inbox View you want to delete from the My Inboxes list from the Messages tab.
- Click at the top right of the screen.
- Click Delete. A popup message appears.
- Click Delete. The Inbox View is removed from the list.