Organize Users & Social Profiles
Sprout Social is built to scale with your social media strategy and support flexible account structures for all company types —from small to medium businesses, enterprise organizations and agencies. This guide explains how to successfully structure your account and profiles and set permissions for individual users in a way that makes the most sense for your business.
Note: The permissions described in this guide apply to the Standard Plan. Read about Advanced Permissions.
A Group is a collection of related social profiles that help you organize and report on your social media efforts. You can organize your profiles in logical groups based on how your business operates and grant team members access to specific profiles depending on what they manage. Groups can be used to organize different social channels within your business or to effectively manage multiple clients.
Create a Group
1. There are a couple of ways to create a new Group. To use the first method, click on the Group folder in the left menu bar and select Add New Group.
2. Use the second method by navigating Account and Settings > Settings > Users & Social Profiles, then click + Create new group.
3. After using one of the methods above, choose to either create a new Group associated with a newly added social profile or create a Group from an existing social profile in Sprout.
Edit or Delete a Group
4. Select the Group, then click to edit or to delete.
Use Groups to align your profile management and reporting with your enterprise business needs. Some common uses for groups:
- Group your social channels by internal teams or organizations to manage their respective social profiles
- Streamline engagement by grouping profiles according to language or geography
- Group profiles to separately manage reporting and social networks for your clients
Invite New Team Members
Easily add your entire social team to Sprout and effectively collaborate to manage your social channels.
1. Navigate Account and Settings > Invite Team Members. You can also invite team members within Users & Social Profiles by selecting + Invite new team members at the top.
2. Add the name and email address of the user you wish to invite. Click + Add to invite multiple users.
3. Choose the Group(s) and profile access for the user(s). Upon clicking Send Invites, the user(s) will receive an invite email notification.
Configure User Permissions
1. Select additional administrative options for the user, if applicable.
2. Give each user customized access to features and reports.
Full administrative access to the entire Sprout account, including billing. Sprout automatically configures this role for the user who opens the new account.
When Manage profiles & permissions is enabled for a user, they can manage existing user access to profiles and grant privileges to others; however, they can only grant access to profiles that they have been given access to. These types of Managers don’t necessarily have access to all profiles in a Group and do not have access to billing.
Note: A user must have Manage profiles & permissions and Invite New Users company permissions to be able to invite other team members to Sprout.