How do I get started with Sprout's Salesforce Service Cloud integration?
Note: This article walks you through the set up for Sprout's managed package in Salesforce for Service Cloud. If you're not a Service Cloud user, refer to Sprout's standard Salesforce integration documentation here.
What do I need to know before I get started?
Keep the following in mind before you download Sprout's managed package from the AppExchange:
- A Sprout Admin must authenticate the Salesforce account with Sprout AND install the managed package app in Salesforce
- The Salesforce Account must have the following permissions:
- Manage Users & Customize Application - to administer the Sprout app.
- Feed Tracking for all Related Objects on the Case Object - to create case feed items
- Read/Write access to:
- Every agent in Service Cloud must have:
- Each agent in Service Cloud needs Group access to your connected social profiles. Sprout recommends to create a Group for the Service Cloud agents and add every owned profile to that Group to ensure the Service Cloud agents can access the iFrame in Salesforce.
- A Sprout user account to reply to messages
- Access to every social profile connected in Sprout
- Permission to reply to messages
How do I get started in Sprout?
Note: You must be a Salesforce Admin and have the appropriate Sprout permissions (Manage Profiles, Manage Permissions Company permissions for integrations and the Manage Advanced Inbox Feature permission) to connect your Salesforce instance.
- Navigate to Account and settings > Settings.
- Click Integrations under Global in the left-hand navigation.
- Click Connect for Salesforce.
- Accept the Twitter EULA terms.
- Select Sandbox or Production as the environment type you want to install the app to. Note that you can connect a Dev org using the Production choice.
- Enter your Salesforce account credentials.
After authentication is successful, you’re redirected back to Sprout where the Salesforce integration card shows as Connected.
Now you’re ready to install the Sprout app in Salesforce. To finish installation:
- Navigate to the AppExchange from here: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3u00000QtMmDEAV
- Log in to the instance you want to connect.
- Select who you want to install the package for.
- Navigate to App Launcher > Sprout Social Setup.
- Click Get Started to open the Setup Assistant in Salesforce.
- Click Continue for the App Configuration.
- Set up your Flow Template. Click Next.
- Click into the Inbound Sprout Social Data Flow.
- Click Activate.
- Click Next.
Navigate back to the Setup Assistant.
- Click Next to add the Sprout Social Custom Component to a Lightning Page and follow the steps on the screen.
- Navigate back to the Setup Assistant.
- Click Next to add Permission Sets and follow the steps on the screen.
- Two permission sets are included - the Sprout Social Integration User and the Sprout Social Standard User. The Integration user is responsible for installing and configuring the application - typically a Salesforce Admin. Assign the Standard User to any user interacting with the Sprout Social app - typically a Support Agent working in the Case object.
You’re all set up and now you can set up your Automatic Rules in Sprout to start routing your customer care messages into Salesforce Service Cloud. Learn more here.