How do I automatically route my messages to Salesforce Service Cloud?
To start automatically receiving Service Cloud cases in your Salesforce instance, create your Automatic Rule in Sprout. Automatic Rules scan the messages in the Smart Inbox in Sprout to detect certain parameters you set. If you're on the Advanced Plan and want to manually send messages to Salesforce using Macros, read this guide.
After you set up your Automatic Rules, the Sprout app in Salesforce creates the following objects:
- Sprout Social Post
- Sprout Social Persona
To create an Automatic Rule:
- Log into Sprout.
- Navigate to Settings > Automated Rules under Global Features.
- Click Create new rule.
- Enter a Title for the rule. For example, Service Cloud Cases.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for the rule.
- Select Inbox Messages for the Rule Type.
- Select your criteria for If any incoming message. For example, if you want your Customer Care team to focus on messages that talk about problems or shipping issues, select has word or phrase from the dropdown.
- Enter the word or phrases that would appear in a message you want to automatically route to Service Cloud. Don’t worry, you can always come back and add or remove any additional words or phrases.
- (Optional) Add any additional criteria for incoming messages.
- Select Send to Salesforce Service Cloud for Then take these actions.
- (Optional) Enter the appropriate Salesforce Labels.
- Select Apply Tags for the and field.
- Either create a Salesforce tag on the fly, or choose an existing tag. Sprout recommends choosing tags that can help automatically denote these messages as Salesforce cases, so your Marketing teams know not to respond.
- Apply any additional parameters. For example, you might choose to mark these messages as Complete so they no longer appear in your Smart Inbox.
- Click Save.