What is the Listening widget in the Custom Report Builder?
With the Listening widget in the Custom Report Builder, you can see your Listening insights alongside your other Sprout analytics to better understand the impact of your daily social efforts.
Note: This feature is only available for Premium Analytics and Social Listening customers.
What do I need to know about using the Listening widget?
There are many filters available in the Listening widget, including Volume, Engagement, Potential Impressions, Topic Summary, Network Overview, Sentiment Summary and Sentiment Trends.
- Volume: the number of messages in the reporting period. This data is available for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Reddit, Tumblr and other web sources.
- Engagement: the number of times users publicly interacted with your messages. This includes total likes, dislikes, comments and shares on all the messages captured within the Topic. This data is not available for Reddit or other web sources.
- Potential Impressions: the number of times audiences could've viewed messages. This includes the total follower count of all users whose messages are captured for the Topic. This data is only available for Twitter and YouTube.
- Topic Summary: a summary of key performance metrics, including Total Volume, Total Engagements (not available for Reddit or other web sources), Average Engagements per Message (not available for Reddit or other web sources), Potential Impressions (only available for Twitter and YouTube), Unique Authors (not available for Instagram or other web sources) and Positive Sentiment Rate.
- Network Overview: a summary of key metrics across networks, including Volume, Potential Impressions (only available for Twitter and YouTube), Engagements (not available for Reddit or other web sources), Likes (not available for Tumblr, Reddit or other web sources), Comments (not available for Reddit, Tumblr or other web sources) and Shares (only available for Twitter and Facebook).
- Sentiment Summary: a summary of how users feel about the topic, as well as how positive and negative sentiment changed during the reporting period.
- Sentiment Trends: a graph of sentiment changes over the reporting period.
How do I apply the Listening widget?
Note: Archived or deleted topics cannot be added to a report.
For any of your custom reports, whether new or existing:
- Expand the Cross-Network widget dropdown.
- Click Listening.
- Select the widget you’d like to use.
- Select the topic you want to include.
The widget is automatically dropped at the bottom of your report, but you can use the arrows to move the widget to where you want it to appear.