Advanced Plan: How do I manage users in Sprout?
If you’re on the Advanced Plan you can invite new Sprout users, remove existing Sprout users and update and edit user groups and permissions.
If you're not on the Advanced Plan, see this article instead.
This article contains the following sections:
How do I invite new Sprout users?
After you create your Groups and assign the appropriate profiles to each, you can start inviting users to your Sprout account. To invite users:
Note: You must have the Manage Profiles & Permissions and Manage Users Company Permission to invite users.
- Navigate to Account and settings > Settings > Groups & Social Profiles.
- Click Invite a team member. The Invite Users popup opens.
- Enter the user’s first and last name, along with their email address.
- Repeat this process for as many users as you’d like to add.
- Assign Permissions. Either assign the user a role by selecting the available roles from the dropdown, or if you’d like to assign a user custom permissions, click Select Permissions. This opens another window where you can select the appropriate permissions for the user.
- Click Send Invites. The users you added receive an email invitation to join.
How do I remove users?
Before you remove a user from your Sprout account, it’s important to note that all Tasks assigned to the user get reassigned to the Account Owner and any content the user had scheduled, added to the Sprout Queue or saved as a Draft remains active in Sprout.
Note: If you remove a user in the middle of your billing cycle, the seat remains open until the next billing cycle, so if you want to replace the user, you can. You must have the Manage Profiles & Permissions and Manage Users Company Permissions to remove users.
If you decide you need to remove a user:
- Navigate to Account and settings > Settings > Users & Social Profiles.
- Select the user you want to remove from the list.
- Click . A confirmation message appears.
- Click Remove. The user is removed from your Sprout account.