Paid vs Organic widget
What is the Paid vs. Organic widget in the Custom Report Builder?
The Paid vs. Organic widget in the Custom Report Builder provides insight into how your paid and organic engagement, impressions and engagement rate compare across your Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn profiles. You can include this widget in any of your custom reports.
What do I need to know about using the Paid vs. Organic widget?
- Filters - the Custom Report ad account filters don’t change the Instagram and Facebook data that appears in the Paid vs. Organic widget. The widget automatically links all associated paid data with the profiles selected in the report. However, the filters still impact the data in the LinkedIn section of the widget.
- Ad Campaigns - You can’t filter the Paid vs. Organic widget by ad campaign for Facebook and Instagram.
- Different data in different widgets - Calculations for widgets from the Facebook and Instagram Paid Performance Report and the Paid vs. Organic widget are different. If you place widgets from the Facebook and Instagram Paid Performance Report alongside the Paid vs. Organic widget in Custom Report Builder, the expectation is that some metrics, such as engagement, may not match.
- This is because your profile’s metrics, which affect the Paid vs. Organic widget, appear in the Pacific Standard time zone, while Facebook and Instagram Paid Report widget data appears in the time zone associated with your ad accounts. The difference between paid metrics and the Paid vs. Organic widget metrics may vary based on the difference between your ad account time zone and Pacific Standard time.
- Ad Accounts - You must have all of your ad accounts that contribute paid data connected to Sprout for accurate metrics in the widget.
How do I apply the Paid vs. Organic widget?
For any of your custom reports, whether new or existing, expand the Cross-Network widget dropdown and click Paid vs. Organic. The widget is automatically dropped at the bottom of your report, but you can use the arrows to move the widget to where you want it to appear.