Descriptive Text for Media
For Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn messages you can add descriptive (alt) text when publishing images so audiences with vision disabilities can access your content.
Note: Sprout only supports descriptive text for single image posts on LinkedIn. However, descriptive text is supported for multi-image posts for Facebook and Twitter.
To add descriptive (alt) text to an image:
- Navigate to Compose.
- Select the Twitter, Facebook and/or LinkedIn profile you want to publish a message to.
- Add the image you want to include along with your message.
- Click for the image you attached.
- Click Add Descriptive Text. The Edit Descriptive Text popup opens.
- Enter a description of the image, up to 1000 characters for Twitter and Facebook and 256 characters for LinkedIn.
- Click Save.