What do I need to know before connecting my Facebook profile?
To connect your Facebook Profile to Sprout Social, navigate to Account and settings > Connect a Profile. Then click Connect for Facebook.
If the profile doesn’t appear in the list of profiles available for connection, check the following to make sure that you have the correct admin status:
- Are you added as an Admin in Facebook Business Settings?
- How are your Facebook Page roles set up?
Verifying Admin status in Facebook Business Settings
To verify if you’re an Admin in your Facebook Business Settings:
- Ask other admins of your page to open business.facebook.com on their desktop. The Facebook pages linked to their account appear.
- Instruct them to click the Facebook page that you’re having issues connecting in Sprout.
- Click Business Settings from the list on the left-hand side.
- Click People under Users, then click Add next to People.
- Instruct your admin to add your email address here, and then turn on the toggle next to Admin access.
- Open the email from Facebook to accept the invitation.
Checking your Facebook Page Roles
You should also check the page roles to verify whether you have the necessary admin permissions:
- Open the Facebook page on your desktop.
- Click Settings at the top.
- Click Page Roles from the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to view all of the existing Page Roles and verify that your permissions are accurate.
Adding the Sprout Social app on Facebook
You must have the Sprout Social app installed to the Facebook Group you want to add.
To add the Sprout Social app:
- Navigate to the Group on Facebook.
- Click Settings under the Admin tools for the Group.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Settings section.
- Click Apps > Add Apps.
- Search for the Sprout Social app.
- Click Add.