Asset Library for mobile
If you're on Sprout Social's Advanced plan, you can capture, upload, use and edit content in the Asset Library in Sprout's iOS and Android apps.
This article contains the following sections:
- Adding new assets
- How do I create a post with the Asset Library?
- How do I copy text assets on iOS?
- Asset Library FAQs
How do I add new assets?
To add new assets on mobile:
- Tap at the bottom of the app.
- Tap Asset Library.
- Tap to add a new asset. If you don't see this icon, it means you don't have the appropriate Asset Library permission. Contact your Account Owner for more information.
- Choose if you want to upload a New Image or Video Asset or if you want to create a New Text Asset.
If you tap New Image or Video Asset your Camera Roll opens where you can select up to ten images or one video at a time. Once you select images, you can name them and add descriptions. You can also apply tags to your new assets.
If you tap New Text Asset a modal opens where you can name the new text asset and compose content. You can apply tags to the text asset and decide if the context should be set to Compose, Reply or Compose & Reply.
How do I create a post with the Asset Library?
To compose a message using the Asset Library on mobile:
- Open Compose, and then tap . The Asset Library opens.
- Tap assets in the order you want them to appear in.
- Tap Attach in the top-right corner of the screen once you choose your assets.
How do I search for assets from Compose?
There are a few ways you can search for specific assets in the Asset Library.
To search using the search bar:
- Tap to open the Asset Library.
- Enter keywords into the search bar to search throughout the Asset Library.
If you still can't find the asset you're looking for, trying refining your assets. To do this:
- Tap at the top of the screen.
- Select if you want to sort assets by Creation Date or Asset Name.
- Tap the available filters (Asset Type, Tags or Authors) to further refine your results.
- Tap Save.
- Tap Apply at the top of the screen.
How do I copy text assets on iOS?
You can copy text assets to your clipboard directly from the Asset Library. You can do this either from the overflow list or with the copy button in the detail view of the text asset.
Copying text assets is helpful when you need to use the Instagram publishing workflow on mobile. To copy a text asset from the library:
- Tap at the bottom of the Sprout app.
- Tap Asset Library.
- Either search for the asset by name or refine your assets to focus on text only assets.
- Tap the text asset you want to copy.
- Tap Copy. A notification appears letting you know the text was copied to your clipboard.
Asset Library FAQs
Which file types are supported in the Asset Library on mobile?
Supported video files include .mov and .mp4. Support image files include .jpg, .png and .gif. Note that .mov files are not typically playable on Android devices, but .mov files stored in Asset Library can get sent to compose on Android devices given the proper permissions.
Can I bulk upload assets to the Asset Library on mobile?
Yes, with some limitations.
Are there any limitations for bulk selecting assets and sending to Compose?
Yes. When sending assets to Compose, here are the limitations:
- You can't select more than 10 images
- You can only have one video file selected
Can I search for assets on mobile?
Yes. You can search for assets based on the asset title.
Can I edit assets on the mobile app?
Yes, but not within the Sprout application. Download the assets you want to edit and open them in your preferred editing app. You can then re-upload your edited media as a new asset.
Can I bulk use assets in Compose?
Yes. Your post can consist of text, video or image assets.
Are there different user permissions for Asset Library on mobile?
No. The same user permissions for Asset Library on web are honored on mobile.
Can I update user permissions for the Asset Library through the mobile app?
Not at this time. You can update Asset Library permissions on the desktop version of Sprout.