Troubleshooting browser issues hard refreshes and clearing your browser's cache.
Sometimes, the way web browsers store information can conflict with certain web applications. If you notice that Sprout Social is not behaving as expected, following these troubleshooting steps can help alleviate issues.
A "hard refresh" temporarily clears the browser's cache for the website you're currently on. Try this first to see if it clears up any issue you're running into.
You can accomplish a hard refresh of the page by holding down the Shift key and clicking the Refresh button in the toolbar. This works for Safari, Firefox and Chrome on Windows and Mac.
If you are using Internet Explorer, you can do a hard refresh by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the Refresh button in the toolbar.
Clearing the Cache
In instances where a hard refresh doesn't resolve the issue, it may be necessary to clear some parts of your browser's cache. Follow the instructions below if we have suggested that you clear your cache.
Note: When clearing your browser's cache, you only need to clear Cached Images and Files, as well as Cookies. It is not necessary to clear any other information, such as download or browsing history, passwords, autofill form data, etc.
- Click the Safari Menu
- Select Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click "Manage Website Data..."
- Click Remove All.
- Click the Firefox menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Advanced.
- Click the Network tab.
- In the "Offline Storage" section, click Clear Now.
- Click OK.
- In Firefox, click the Tools menu.
- Select Clear Recent History.
- Under "Time Range to Clear," select Everything.
- Select the "Details" checkbox.
- Select the "Cache" checkbox.
- Click Clear Now.
Google Chrome (Windows & Mac):
- Select the three horizontal bars in browser toolbar.
- Mouse over Tools
- Click Clear Browsing Data
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools. If you don't see the menu, press Alt on your keyboard to show menus.
- Select Delete Browsing History.
- Select the checkbox next to "Temporary Internet Files."
- Click Delete.
- It can take several minutes for the cache history to be deleted. Once the files have been deleted, click Okay.