Take your social engagement to the next level by using the Engagement Report. This report helps you measure team engagement efforts happening around messaging in the Smart Inbox. Analyze your response metrics to better understand and gauge your responsiveness to messages that likely warrant a response from your brand. Customize the Engagement Report to view the engagement for a specific social channel over a certain time period.
Note: The Engagement Report is available with Professional and Advanced plans.
1. Sprout Social calculates your Percentile Ranking by comparing your Response Rate and Response Time metrics for the selected period against the latest data that we have on profiles similar to yours. This provides your business with a relative estimate of how well you respond to messages compared to other brands with a similar number of Estimated Inbound messages.
2. Sprout looks for words like who, what, when, where, why, and other question indicators to identify which messages appear to warrant a response—your Estimated Inbound count. The Engagement Report also tracks Replies Sent to those messages to give you an indication of how responsive your team is.
3. Inbound vs Replies is the number of replies sent compared to the number of estimated inbound messages for the selected date range.
4. Average Daily Response Rates and Times are shown by day and overall for the selected date range.
5. The Time Distribution shows the percentages of messages responded to within specific time periods.
6. Response Rate and Time are also broken out by day of the week and by hour.
Note: In order for us to provide the average response rate for your incoming messages, all private messages (direct messages for Twitter, private messages for Facebook) must be responded to using the Sprout Social platform. If you respond to those types of messages outside of Sprout, they will not be accounted for in the Engagement Report. Responding to regular @mentions and wall posts in native Twitter and Facebook platforms does still count for the Engagement Report.