How do I export user permissions?
Account Owners in Sprout Social can export a full list of users' permissions from the Groups & Social Profiles page or the Roles & Team Members page, if you're an Advanced Plan user.
This export enables Account Owners to audit or troubleshoot permissions in a complete list.
To export a list of your user permissions:
- Navigate to the Groups & Social Profiles page in your Settings. If you're an Advanced Plan user you can also navigate to the Roles & Team Members Page.
- (Optional, for Advanced Plan users) Click the Filter button in the Team Members section of the Roles & Team Members Page. Enable filters you want to use including:
- Groups & Social Profiles - filter by a user's access to specific groups or social profiles.
- Roles - filter by a user's access to specific roles.
- Permissions - filter by a user's access to specific Admin, Company and Feature Permissions.
- If you select the multiple groups in the Groups & Social profiles filters, it shows all users who have access to group A OR group B. To change to an AND filter, select Match all selected.
- Click Export permissions. The Export permissions modal appears. If you applied Filters, your filter selections persist when choosing your export options.
- Select the permissions you want to export:
- Company & Feature Permissions - see who has access to Sprout features and Administrative permissions.
- Roles - see who is assigned to Roles and their permissions.
- Group Access - see who has access to Groups in your account.
- Profile Permissions - see who has access to profiles in your account.
- Click Export. A CSV export downloads to your device.
How do I analyze the CSV export?
The CSV export lists Users as columns and lists permissions, roles, Groups and profiles as rows. The User columns are populated with either 1s or 0s.
- 1 means that the user has access to the specific permission, role or Group
- 0 means that the user doesn't have access to that specific permission, role or Group
If you selected both Groups and Profiles in the permissions export, profiles list below each Group. For example, the Group gets listed first and the associated profiles within the Group are listed immediately below it.
You can also see the permissions contained in a role by looking at an instance where a User has a specific role.