LinkedIn Community Management API Changes - June 2023
In Q4 of 2022, LinkedIn introduced a new Community Management API. This API accelerates access to more functionality within the LinkedIn platform.
As Sprout Social prepares for these changes and to unlock more feature functionality for you, it is critical that you reauthorize any connected LinkedIn profiles in Sprout to avoid losing any data and ensuring you can access our latest feature updates before June 30, 2023.
If you don't reauthorize your profiles by June 30, 2023 you could:
- have gaps in your LinkedIn data in Sprout
- lose access to feature updates from Sprout
To reauthorize your LinkedIn profiles in Sprout, either use the following directions or follow the in-app popup messages to complete the reauthorization:
- Click in the right-side panel.
- Click Issues.
- Click Learn More on the notification informing you that your profile is disconnected or will disconnect in a certain number of days.
- Click Reauthorize to go to the network where the profile is disconnected. You might need to enter your login details. After that, you are redirected back to Sprout and the notification disappears.