Connecting & Managing Social Profiles
A social profile is a third-party social network profile or page you add to Sprout Social. With each social profile you connect to Sprout, you can manage conversations, plan and publish content as well as view extensive analytics for them. We recommended that you add any social profile you want to manage as soon as possible after creating your Sprout account, as information relevant to your social profiles can only be gathered once they've been successfully authorized.
This guide will help you understand how to connect and manage your social profiles in Sprout.
Social Profiles Overview
Currently, Sprout Social integrates with the following social networks:
Depending upon your plan level and when you created your Sprout account, your profile limit will vary. The following profile types count against your profile limit:
- Twitter profiles
- Facebook profiles
- Facebook Pages
- LinkedIn Company Pages
- Instagram profiles
- Pinterest profiles
The following profile types can be connected to Sprout, but do not count against your profile limit:
- LinkedIn personal profiles
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Facebook Ad Account
- Google Analytics
- Twitter Ad Manager
Note: Sprout does not integrate with Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups or LinkedIn university personal profiles.
Sprout integrates with the following platforms in the Reviews tab. Each location for these services counts against your profile limit:
- Google My Business
Note: Sprout supports Facebook Reviews as well. If you have reviews enabled for a Facebook Company Page, you will see them in the Reviews tab.
Sprout supports integrations with the following services, which do not count against your social profile limit:
- HubSpot Service Hub
Connecting Social Profiles to Sprout
Anyone with the Manage profiles & permissions privilege can connect a social profile to Sprout.
To connect a profile:
- Click in the upper-right corner. You can also connect a profile by clicking > Settings > Users & Social Profiles and selecting + connect social profiles above the Your Company column.
- Select the Group that the profile will belong to from the In Group dropdown.
- Select the network you'd like to add. There may be additional options to select based on the network you chose.
- Click the button in the lower right corner of the Connect a Profile screen.
- You will be sent to the corresponding network's site. Follow the prompts to authorize the profile.
You must be an admin for a Facebook, Instagram Business or LinkedIn company page in order to connect it. Learn more about troubleshooting Facebook and Instagram connection issues by reading our article.
Tip: Be sure to log out of your personal profiles on networks like Twitter or Instagram before attempting to add your company's profiles for those networks, so you don't accidentally connect your own profiles to Sprout.
If you are attempting to connect a Facebook Company Page or LinkedIn Company Page, ensure that you are an admin for the page.
Removing Social Profiles
Anyone with the Manage Profiles & Permissions privilege can remove a social profile, as long as they have at least Read Only publishing permissions for that profile.
To remove a profile:
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Select Settings.
- In the left navigation bar, select Users & Social Profiles.
- On the next page, look to the right panel and scroll through the All Profiles section to find the profile you want to remove.
- Click on the profile and select View Profile.
- Click on to remove the profile.