How can I use Facebook Reels in Sprout?
You can post Reels to your Facebook Page through Sprout from the Compose window.
To post a Facebook Reel:
- Click the pencil icon to open the Compose window.
- Select the Facebook Page you want to post to from the Profile Picker.
- Click the camera icon to upload your video. You can also choose to upload from Canva, Dropbox or Google Drive.
- (Optional) Add your subtitle file.
- Select Reel to publish your video as a Reel.
- (Optional) Select your approval workflow and add any tags.
- Select the time and date you’d like to post your Reel.
- Click Send, Schedule or Queue.
Note: Due to an API limitation, Sprout doesn’t support custom thumbnails.
You can post Reels to Facebook and Instagram profiles simultaneously. Select Reel under the video options for each network.
For more information on posting Instagram Reels, read this guide.
- Allowed file extensions: 3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, avi, dat, divx, dv, f4v, flv, m2ts, m4v, mkv, mod, mov, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mts, nsv, ogm, ogv, qt, tod, ts, vob, WMV. (MP4 and MOV recommended)
- Allowed Frame Rate: 30 FPS minimum
- Allowed Duration: 4 seconds - 60 seconds
- Resolution: 540 x 960 (540p) minimum (1080x1920 or greater recommended)
- Allowed Aspect Ratio: 9:16
Additional Recommendations: H.264 compression, square pixels, fixed frame rate, progressive, AAC audio at 128kbps+
Who can see my Reels?
All Reels you post through Sprout will be public and will be visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Reels can appear in the Feed, Watch and elsewhere on Facebook. Additionally, other Facebook users may use your audio in their own Reels.