How do I post to my Facebook Groups?
After you connect your Facebook Groups to Sprout, you can start posting and scheduling content to appear in the group. You can add image, video and link posts and add locations or mention another Facebook Page in your post.
Note: Due to an API limitation, the new Facebook Pages Experience is not supported for Facebook Groups in Sprout. If your Facebook Group is moved to the new Facebook Pages Experience, you can no longer access that Facebook Group in Sprout.
Publish to your Facebook Group directly from Compose, schedule content through the Publishing Calendar or through the Sprout Queue and draft posts to schedule later.
Note: Audience Targeting and boosting aren’t supported for Facebook Groups.
To publish content to your Facebook Groups:
- Click . The Compose window opens.
- Select the Facebook Groups you want to post to from the Profile Picker.
- Craft your post with text, videos, links or a single image.
- (Optional) Select any Publishing Workflows from the dropdown.
- (Optional) Select any Labels or Campaigns that apply to the post.
- Schedule a time to post your content, whether in the future or immediately.
- Click Schedule or Send.
After you schedule and publish your content, you can manage it from the Content Calendar, Sprout Queue or the Drafts tab.
In the month view in the Content Calendar, Facebook Group posts are grouped and counted in their own category (outside of Facebook Profiles) so you can easily distinguish between the two post types.
You can use the Filter Menu in the Content Calendar, Sprout Queue, Draft and Approval tabs to filter down to your Facebook Groups, so you can focus on those posts specifically.