How do I run a promotion on my Facebook Ad Account in Sprout?
New to Sprout Social? Learn more about how paid promotions are built directly into your publishing workflow here.
Promoting Facebook Posts is easy to do from Sprout Social, enabling you to maximize your content’s reach. Facebook posts can be promoted from Sprout’s Compose window, the Calendar and the Post Performance Report.
You must complete the following before promoting Facebook posts in Sprout Social:
- Add a Facebook Business Page to Business Manager
- Before promoting Facebook messages from within Sprout, you have to make sure your Facebook Business Page is added to Facebook Business Manager.
- Note: If you haven’t set up a Business Manager account, Facebook provides a detailed article that explains how to set one up.
- Add a Facebook Ad Account to Facebook Business Manager
- Your Facebook ad account must be added to Facebook Business Manager before you can promote posts from within Sprout.
- Note: To find your Facebook ad account ID, navigate to Facebook's Ad Manager. Facebook provides an article describing how to find your ad account and ad ID number. You can also read this article to learn more about managing your Facebook Business Manager.
How do I promote a post from Compose?
You can promote any Facebook post type in Sprout, including drafted, scheduled, queued or Publish Now posts. You can also promote posts that need approval.
To create a promotion in Compose:
- Click to open Compose.
- Select your Facebook Ad Account from the Profile Picker.
- Create your post with the appropriate text and media.
- Click . The Promote Facebook Post window opens.
- Select a Campaign from the Choose Campaign dropdown. Or create a new campaign directly by selecting New Campaign from the dropdown.
- Select an Audience from the Target Audience dropdown.
- Enter the Maximum spend limit for the ad.
- Enter how many days to run the ad for.
- Toggle Publish to page on or off.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Select any Publishing workflows.
- (Optional) Select any Labels or Campaign tags to include.
- Specify when you want to post the ad.
- Click Save or Submit.
Note: Only users with Publishing Permissions for the selected Facebook pages and the associated ad account will be able to access Sprout’s Facebook Paid Promotion.
How do I promote a post from the Calendar?
To promote a post from the Content Calendar:
- Navigate to the Publishing tab.
- Select List view from the Calendar.
- Find the post that you want to promote and click .
For sent posts, this action opens the Promote Facebook Post modal. Complete the form and click the Promote Post button.
For upcoming messages, Compose opens first, where you can edit the message, and then set up promotion through the Promote Facebook Post modal.
How do I promote a post from the Post Performance Report?
Go to the Reports tab and open the Post Performance Report. Click on the post that you want to promote.
Click Boost Post and complete all of the fields in the Promote Facebook Post modal.