What Instagram message types appear in Sprout and what actions can I take?
The following Instagram message types appear in the Smart Inbox. For these message types, you can respond and take additional actions.
|Message Type||Available in Inbox|
|Comments on Posts|
|Comments on Ad posts (Facebook Ads Manager must be connected to Sprout)|
|Direct Messages (DMs)|
|Comments on IGTV posts|
What actions can I take on Instagram messages?
There are a few actions you can take on Instagram messages in the Smart Inbox. At a high level you can:
- Like a comment
- Apply a Sprout tag
- Start an internal conversation
- Create a task
- Mark the comment as complete
- Save messages to the Saved Messages Inbox View
- Mark messages complete in bulk
- Use the overflow menu to select more actions
- Hide messages on Instagram
- Update the message language
- Export message threads to share with stakeholders and analyze conversation responses
Learn more about how to perform these message actions with this article.
Can I search for Instagram messages in the Smart Inbox?
You can search for Instagram messages that contain particular keywords or messages. When you run a keyword search, the Smart Inbox shows results for all your Instagram messages since you connected your profile to Sprout. If you're searching for social profiles, the Smart Inbox shows results for all profiles since you connected your profile to Sprout. Learn more about Inbox searching with this overview.