How do I use Message Templates for WhatsApp?
To initiate conversations with users or to respond to user-initiated messages that fall outside of the 24-hour rule, you can use a Message Template. You can also use Message Templates similar to a Saved Reply when responding to messages within the 24-hour rule.
Sprout comes equipped with 10 pre-made message templates for you to use in six different languages. You can also create your own Message Templates in WhatsApp Business Manager and access those templates in Sprout.
Note: Sprout only supports text-based Message Templates. Media-based templates and interactive templates aren’t supported.
To create your own Message Templates in WhatsApp Business Manager, review this WhatsApp article.
To respond to messages in Sprout using Message Templates:
- Click to open the WhatsApp message you want to reply to.
- Click Select WhatsApp Template. The WhatsApp Message Templates popup appears.
- (Optional) Search for the template title or contents and select the language you want the template in from the dropdown.
- Click the template you want to use.
- (Optional) If you selected a Message Template that uses variables, enter in text for each variable. You see a preview of what the message looks like with the text you enter.
- Click Use Template. The Message Template populates in the response window of your conversation.
- Click Send to send the Message Template or click Select WhatsApp Template to choose a different template.
A new 24-hour conversation window opens when the user responds to your message.