How do I connect my WhatsApp profile to Sprout?
Before you connect your WhatsApp profile to Sprout, make sure that you’ve reviewed the onboarding steps and phone number considerations in this article.
This article contains the following sections:
- How do I connect a new WhatsApp account to Sprout?
- What if I want to connect with an existing phone number?
How do I connect a new WhatsApp account to Sprout?
To connect a new WhatsApp account to Sprout:
- Navigate to your name in the lower left corner.
- Click Connect a profile. The Connect a Profile popup appears.
- Select the Group you want to connect your WhatsApp profile to.
- Click Connect for WhatsApp.
- Read through the first step to prepare your credentials, when you’re ready, click Yes, all set.
- Agree to the WhatsApp terms.
- Click Continue to Create PIN.
- Enter a 6-digit PIN number if you’re using a new phone number or the PIN associated with a WhatsApp phone number you’ve used in the past.
- Click Go to Facebook.
- Complete the three step authorization process in Facebook.
- Navigate back to Sprout. Your profile is connected.
What if I want to connect with an existing number?
If you’re currently using a phone number on the WhatsApp mobile app, you must first disconnect the number in order to add the WhatsApp profile to Sprout.
To connect with an existing phone number:
- (Optional) Make a backup of your WhatsApp conversations from your mobile app.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger or WhatsApp Business app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to Settings and tap Account.
- Tap Delete my account and follow the prompts.
- Wait 3 minutes.
- Log in to Sprout.
- Follow the steps in the earlier section on this page.