How do I create a Group in Sprout?
Groups ensure your profiles stay organized and help you easily grant the right amount of access to your users.
This article contains the following sections:
What is a Group?
A Group is a collection of related social profiles. You can organize your profiles into groups based on how your business operates. Some best practices for setting up Groups include:
- Grouping social profiles by internal teams or organizations
- Grouping profiles according to language or location
- Grouping profiles to separately manage reporting for your clients
How do I create a Group?
To create a Group:
Note: You must have the Manage Permissions Company Permission to create Groups.
- Navigate to Account and settings > Settings > Groups & Social Profiles.
- Click Create a group. The Create New Group popup opens.
- Enter a name for your Group.
- Select if you want to create a Group From New Profile or From Existing.
- If you create a Group From New Profile, you’ll need to connect the profile.
- If you create a Group From Existing, select the profiles you want to include in the Group.
What are profile permissions?
Profile Permissions encompass any profile-specific permissions you’d like to assign for a user. These permissions focus on publishing to a profile directly, replying to messages and overall access to a single profile.
- No Access - the user can’t see the profile when they access Sprout.
- Read Only - the user can see the profile, but can’t publish to it. A user must have access to at least one Read Only profile to be a part of a Group.
- Needs Approval - the user can see the profile and submit posts for approval.
- Can Reply - the user can see the profile, request approval and reply.
- Full Publishing - the user can see the profile, publish and reply without restrictions.