Reconnecting a Disconnected Profile
Occasionally, you might find that one of your profiles gets disconnected from Sprout Social.
To reconnect your profile:
- Click in the right-side panel.
- Click Issues.
- Click Learn More on the notification informing you that your profile is disconnected or will disconnect in a certain number of days.
- Click Reauthorize to go to the network where the profile is disconnected. You might need to enter your login details. After that, you are redirected back to Sprout and the notification disappears.
Note: If you are logged in to the profile that you want to reconnect in the same browser as Sprout, the profile may be reconnected without taking you to the native network.
If the profile doesn’t reconnect with these steps, open Sprout in a private browser window to determine if there is a localized browser issue. Private windows are available in browsers such as Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome. Use the following shortcuts to browse in private mode:
- Windows, Linux or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
- Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.
Once you have opened Sprout in a new private window, you can try the steps again to reconnect the profile.
If you want to learn more about the reasons behind profile disconnections, refer to this helpful article.
Note: If you’re experiencing persistent issues with profile reconnection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.