What do I need to know before connecting my Facebook profile?
To connect your Facebook Profile to Sprout Social, navigate to Account and settings > Connect a Profile. Then click Connect for Facebook.
If the profile doesn’t appear in the list of profiles available for connection, check the following to make sure that you have the correct admin status:
- Are you added as an Admin in Facebook Business Settings?
- How are your Facebook Page roles set up?
Verifying Admin status in Facebook Business Settings
To verify/update your Admin access for the Facebook Page:
- Ask another admin of your page to review the settings and assignments for this page within Meta Business Suite.
- Instruct them to select the corresponding Business Account and locate the page under Account > Pages in the left sidebar, and then view the Page Access assigned.
- Ensure that you are granted Full Control > Everything with your Page Access permissions. If you aren't listed as a user under Page Access, have them invite you to the Meta Business Account and assign you access to the page.
- Instruct them to add your email address, and then follow the prompt to add you to the Business Account. They can grant Full Control (Everything) to the Meta Business Account itself if they wish to grant you further administrative access. Otherwise, ensure that they're providing you with Full Control (Everything) when assigning the page to you as a Business Asset.
- Open the email from Facebook to accept the invitation.
Checking your Facebook Page Roles
You should also check the page roles to verify whether you have the necessary admin permissions:
- Open the Facebook page on your desktop.
- Click Settings at the top.
- Click Page Roles from the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to view all of the existing Page Roles and verify that your permissions are accurate.
Adding the Sprout Social app on Facebook
You must have the Sprout Social app installed to the Facebook Group you want to add.
To add the Sprout Social app:
- Navigate to the Group on Facebook.
- Click Settings under the Admin tools for the Group.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Settings section.
- Click Apps > Add Apps.
- Search for the Sprout Social app.
- Click Add.