Twitter Search and Twitter Follower Tools
Sprout Social includes a set of Twitter specific features designed to help you find the conversations and the people that are most important for your social strategy. These include Twitter Search and Twitter Follower Tools.
You can access Twitter Search via two paths. First, you can navigate to the feature by navigating to Listening > Twitter Search from the left navigation bar.
You can also click from the persistent right navigation bar and then click Keyword Search.
Twitter Search searches for Twitter conversations based on specific keywords. Use Twitter Search to expand your monitoring efforts and be more proactive reaching out to people discussing certain topics, industries or competitors.
To begin, enter keyword(s) into the search field.
Tip: Remember to use Advanced Search Options to find even more relevant conversations specific to your needs.
Refine your Twitter Search
Target a specific radius to pull in conversations from.
Click Save Search to bring up your specific search at a later time.
New Twitter Search clears the current search and begins a new Twitter Search.
Twitter Follower Tools
Twitter Follower Tools are broken up into two sections; Suggestions and Cleanup. Navigate to Settings and then scroll down to the Resources section along the left navigation bar.
This tool gives suggestions on who to follow based on these parameters:
- Your Followers - People who currently follow you.
- Conversed with - People you've @mentioned or @replied before.
- Have mentioned you - People who have @mentioned you previously.
This tool gives suggestions on who to unfollow based on these parameters:
- Silent Accounts - Users who've had little to no activity in the last 60 days.
- Irregular Usage - Users who have abnormal usage or friend counts.
- Do not follow back - Users who do not currently follow you back.