Facebook Policy Updates — Changes to Sprout’s Compose Experience (April 2018)
In accordance with ongoing changes that Facebook is making to their data policies, the Page search endpoint has been suspended for all third-party applications. This impacts the following areas of the Sprout Social platform:
- Compose: To mention or apply branded content for a post, you must type or copy/paste the exact page username or page ID from the Facebook page URL.
- Example: The Page URL is “https://www.facebook.com/SproutSocialInc/” and the Page Username is “SproutSocialInc”.
- Example: The Page URL is "https://www.facebook.com/example-page-693901909022" and the Page ID is "693901909022".
- Compose: You can no longer publish Facebook Event URLs in your posts.
- Competitor Reporting: To add competitors to the report, you will now need to paste the Page’s URL from Facebook.
These changes are part of a larger series of changes resulting from Facebook's ongoing updates to their data policies.