Facebook & Instagram Data Policy Changes (April 2018)
Based on Facebook's announcement pertaining to data access on April 4, 2018, it was revealed that changes are coming for all third-party social apps that integrate Facebook and Instagram, including Sprout Social.
Our team is working hard to to make the required changes and minimize disruption to your experience.
This article will detail what changes must be made and how it will impact Sprout.
Impacts to Sprout Social
Facebook Private Messages: Until further notice, Pages connected to Sprout after April 4 are temporarily unable to use private messaging features, including sending and receiving PMs and Bots. We’re continuing to monitor the status of this functionality.
Note: Pages that were connected prior to April 4 are not affected. However, if your Page becomes disconnected from Sprout, please ensure the Facebook user who originally connected it to the platform reauthorizes it. If a different user reauthorizes the disconnected Page, you will lose the ability to use private messaging features.
Publishing - Facebook
- You can no longer mention a Page in Compose.
- You can no longer mention a Page as a Branded Content sponsor.
Facebook Competitor Report: To add competitors to the report, you will now need to paste the Page’s URL from Facebook.
Instagram Commenters: Some Instagram commenters may not have visible names or profile photos in the Smart Inbox.
Effective April 30
Inbox - Instagram
- Brand Keywords: You can no longer comment on public, non-owned Instagram posts. You can still comment on posts published from your account.
- Brand Keywords: You can no longer like Instagram posts.
- You can no longer see if a user follows you on Instagram
- You can no longer follow or unfollow someone on Instagram directly from Sprout.
Instagram Competitor Report
- You must have an Instagram Business Profile add-on connect to Sprout in order to access the Instagram Competitor Report.
- You will no longer be able to search/look-up handles in order to add them as new competitors. You will have to enter the Instagram handle exactly.
Note: If your Instagram Business Profile becomes disconnected from Sprout Social, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instagram Profiles Report
- You must have an Instagram Business Profile add-on connect to Sprout in order to see the Instagram Top Influencers Engaged section of the report.
Mobile - Instagram
- Tag Search: You can no longer search by Instagram tag.
- Brand Keywords: You can no longer like, reply or comment on Instagram posts surfaced with Brand Keywords.
- iOS only
- Repost/Regram: Until further notice, Regram will not be available in the mobile app.
- Feeds (Liked By Me): You can no longer see Instagram profiles from the list of selectable profiles within the Feeds section.