How secure is Sprout's application?
Want more details about the security features of Sprout Social? Learn more about how we protect your account here.
At Sprout, your account's security is taken very seriously:
- All interactions with Sprout are encrypted with SSL over the Internet.
- Sprout's databases are kept in a private network, completely inaccessible from the public Internet.
- Sprout doesn't store user passwords, so even if the database was hacked, it would be impossible for the attacker to gain access to your account.
- Sprout accesses Facebook, Twitter and other social networks on your behalf using a mechanism called OAuth; this is highly secure and flexible in that you can easily disable Sprout's access at anytime. Sprout never has access to social media passwords.
- Sprout has received independent certification of SOC 2 Type II compliance.
To learn more about our security practices, visit our security page.