How secure is Sprout's application?
At Sprout Social, your account's security is taken very seriously:
- All interactions with Sprout are encrypted with SSL over the Internet.
- Sprout's databases are kept in a private network, completely inaccessible from the public Internet.
- Sprout doesn't store user passwords, so even if the database was hacked, it would be impossible for the attacker to gain access to your account.
- Sprout accesses Facebook, Twitter and other social networks on your behalf using a mechanism called OAuth; this is highly secure and flexible in that you can easily disable Sprout's access at anytime. Sprout never has access to social media passwords.
- Sprout has received independent certification of SOC 2 Type II compliance.
To learn more about our security practices, visit our security page.