How do I connect Sprout data to Tableau?
You can connect your Sprout post, profile and tag data to Tableau with Sprout’s Tableau Connector.
Note: You can’t connect message data or any Sprout data that isn’t included in the Sprout API (Ad Account, Competitor, Listening, Publishing or owned demographic data).
- Sprout API access (only account owners can access the API key)
- A Tableau account
- Premium Analytics
You’ll need to use your Sprout API token to set up the Tableau Connector. To find your key:
- Navigate to Settings > API Tokens.
- Click Copy on your desired API token.
To connect your Sprout account to Tableau:
- Log in to your Tableau account.
- Navigate to Data > New Data Source > Web Data Connector.
- Enter the URL https://api.sproutsocial.com/tableau.
- Paste your Sprout API token.
- Click Connect.
Your Sprout data will appear in Tableau.
You can now begin building Tableau dashboards that incorporate your Sprout data.