- Enter a Topic Title and Topic Description. These help you quickly identify your topics in the Topics list and from the Listening home screen.
- Select the networks you want to listen to. Sprout Listeners only use Twitter as a source, while Advanced Listening enables multiple sources.
- Select a query type from the dropdown menu. Queries can include multiple keywords or operators. Use the And to widen your search or Or to narrow your search as necessary. You can also use And/Or for new groups. Groups link multiple sets of logic together for additional control.
- Apply optional filters to specify the Message Language and posts that contain media.
- Set Advanced Twitter Filters for message country, user country, tracked website and near location.
- Preview your Query. See the following section for more details.
The preview panel also shows you the approximate number of matching messages that show up per day, so you can determine if the dataset is be too small or large to provide relevant insights.
If you notice multiple messages showing up with specific keywords, you can double-click on any word in a message to include ( + ) or exclude ( - ) that word in your query.
Once you’re happy with your query, click Start Listening in the upper-right corner.
Note: The Active Topic limit is the maximum number of Active Topics you can have across your entire account, not per Group. If you would like to purchase more Active Topics, contact your Account Manager.